Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring has sprung, and that means bright sun, airy clothes, blooming flowers, and ... pesky spring cleaning. 9 by Design's Bob and Cortney Novogratz know a thing or two about renovation, but you don't have to be a home expert to refurnish your lifestyle and spruce up your space. Here are some tips for quick cleaning and spring greening:
1. Like Bob and Cortney, you want to stay up on the latest trends. Go ahead, let go of the past. Reduce clutter in those junk drawers and storage closets by recycling old mobile phones or cameras.
2. Are your streaky windows cramping your dream house's style? Grab some fresh air and clean the outsides of your windows first with the Windex® Outdoor All-In-One
3. Be a master of your own grocery list. Buy only what you know you’ll eat in one week.
4. Whether you're shopping for nine like the Novogratz' or just picking up for one, make sure you're not wasting any extra baggage. Bring a tote anywhere you spend your cash.
5. Select a recipe before you open your fridge. Keep that door shut and save energy.
6. Instead of using plastic bags at the grocery store, bring your own container.
7. 7. Next time you head to the gym, add some green to your workout routine. Invest in an aluminum water bottle. Plastic water bottles don’t make friends (or even friends with benefits.)
8. If you’re about to do some heavy-duty cleaning, prep with baking soda or coarse salt. A lot of cleaners are toxic, and that just sounds like more drama than we can handle.
9. Hot water heaters use much too much energy. Get fresh and clean with cooler water.
10. The Novogratz' are DIY masters - why not get in on the action? Grow your own herbs and learn to cook foods from local markets.
11. Balancing seven kids and a business requires major organization. Your life might not be quite as chaotic, but why not make a checklist of all those forgetful hard-to-reach spaces?: Under the fridge, light fixtures, and underneath your countertop appliances.
12. Don’t waste water with sponges and soaps. Clean multiple surfaces with Windex® Multi-Surface Vinegar
13. Your cabinets might be designed to perfection, but it's what's inside them that counts. Rid of expired foods and perishables and replace them with foods from the local farmers market.
14. Keep those treasured pieces of furniture alive. Cortney and Bob wouldn't want that flea market find getting dusty. Grab some Pledge® Natural Beauty Wipes
15. Freshen the air on the inside of your home and get mindful of pollution outside. Share a cab or use public transportation.
16. There's nothing wrong with keeping some reading material near the remote, but you don't need dozens of magazines sitting on your coffee table. Get rid of any magazines older than three months.
17. Seven kids can bring plenty of unwanted dirt, but even a family of one can attract dust. Use Pledge® Multi Surface Duster
18. Bob and Cortney a vintage find. Clean out those dresser drawers and closets and donate anything you haven’t worn in a year to a thrift store. You never know -- your old clothes could just end up on your favorite fashionista!
19. Now that you’re out and about in that sunshine, keep your entry way clean with Pledge® Multi Surface Floor Cleaner
20. Save energy and shut down the computers when you’re done reading blogs and designing your dream room on Bravotv.com. Even Andy Cohen would consider that Mazel-worthy.