Beef Cheek Burger
Recipe courtesy Tongue and Cheek
2.5# Beef Cheeks
4 Brioche buns, store bought
2 cups cave aged cheddar, grated
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 jar pimentos, drained and finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely diced
½ teaspoon hot sauce
½ teaspoon cayenne
4 each Yellow Onions, julienned
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
1 case Idaho Potatoes, cut like fries
5 gallon Water
½ cup Vinegar
4 each Kirby Cucumbers
1 cup Water
2 tbsp Kosher salt
10 Black peppercorns, whole
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp Dill
For the Burger:
1. Clean and separate beef cheek meat and fat.
2. Grind fat and meat separately, two times.
3. Mix 80% meat and 20% fat for blend.
4. Season meat well with salt and pepper. Form into 4oz patties. Heat up a grill until hot, grill burgers until desired doneness.
For the Pimento Cheese:
1. Mix cheddar and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add remaning ingredients and pulse until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Caramelized Onions:
1. In rondo, heat up oil. And onions and cook over medium-low heat until carmalized and brown. Add sherry vinegar, cook another minute. Turn off heat and set aside.
For the Fries:
1. Cut fries and place them in vinegar and water until soft.
2. Cool completely and then blanch them in fryer at 350 for 2 minutes.
3. Completely cool. When ready to serve, cook for 4 minutes at 375 for crispy fries.
For the Pickles:
1. In a large bowl or container, dissolve salt with water, add in herbs. Add kirby's and submerge completely. Refrigerate 12-24 hours.