Krissi and Shane McCollow were on the way to their own wedding—and just five miles from The Little Brown Church in the Vale in Nashua, IA., on Saturday when (potential) disaster struck.
The bride and groom-to-be were having a ball with their wedding party when they were suddenly hit with a strong burning smell and smoke piping into the party bus they were riding in.
They quickly discovered their wheels were on fire.
"I was worried that it might stop and we may not get to the church," Krissi, 26, told the Des Moines Register. "I just knew something wasn't right because of the smell and smoke."
The bus continued on to the church, where everyone grabbed the coolers of alcohol and got off—just in time to see the bus explode.
"It literally exploded," Shane, 29, said. "It sounded like a gunshot."
Then everyone watched as it burned. Thankfully, all were safe - and mde it to the ceremony.
A new bus was immediately sent over and transported the group to Beaver Hills Country Club in Cedar Falls for the reception following the ceremony.
Later, a few people in the wedding party remarked that the bus had been “hot’ when they got on, and had asked the driver to turn on the air. Apparently the heat caused one of the tires to pop, which then grew into a fire. The bus company later confirmed it was a leak from one of the bus' brake chambers that created the smoke and the fire.
Eventually, the fire department came, the wedding went on, and pictures of the burning bus will live forever in the couple’s wedding album.
Personal Space is Bravo's home for all things "relationships," from romance to friendships to family to co-workers. Ready for a commitment? Then Like us on Facebook to stay connected to our daily updates.