Is it hot in here, or is it just me? Top Chef Masters is cranking up the heat for Season 3, with 12 world class chefs, one hot new host, and a guest list that includes Maroon 5, Kelis, and Christina Hendricks.
Mad Men fans won't have to wait long for their dinner date with Joan Holloway -- Hendricks and her husband, actor Geoffrey Arend, will judge the new season's second episode, which appropriately centers on '60s inspired creations.
The show's also spicing things up with a few new tweaks -- star chef (and Aussie eye candy) Curtis Stone takes over hosting duties, and legendary foodie Ruth Reichl joins the judges' panel. And taking a page out of the original Top Chef's book, the spinoff's format will now also give cheftestants the boot elimination-style, instead of being judged on a scale. Facing the knife at Judges' Table this time around will be:
- Hugh Acheson - Chef/ Partner: Five & Ten, The National, Gosford Wine in Athens, GA and Empire State South, Atlanta, GA; Competing for Wholesome Wave Foundation
- Floyd Cardoz – Former Executive Chef/Partner of Tabla and soon-to-be Executive Chef/Partner of a new Danny Meyer restaurant; Competing for Young Scientist Cancer Research Fund
- John Currence - City Grocery Restaurant Group, Oxford, MS Competing for No Kid Hungry
- Traci Des Jardins - Chef/Co-owner of Jardinière, Mijita Cocina Mexicana and Public House and Manzanita, San Francisco, CA; Competing for La Cocina
- George Mendes - Chef/Co-Owner of ALDEA, Manhattan, NY; Competing for Charity: Water
- Mary Sue Milliken - Co-Chef/ Owner: Border Grill Restaurants and Truck, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for Share Our Strength
- Naomi Pomeroy - Owner: Beast in Portland, OR; Competing for Seed Savers Exchange
- Suvir Saran - Executive Chef: Dévi, New York, NY; Competing for Agricultural Stewardship Association
- John Rivera Sedlar - Owner: Playa, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for American Diabetes Association
- Alex Stratta - Executive Chef: Stratta, Las Vegas, NV; Competing for Faster Cures, part of the Milken Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Celina Tio - Chef/Owner: JULIAN Restaurant, Kansas City, MO, Competing for Harvesters
- Sue Zemanick - Executive Chef: Gautreau’s, New Orleans, LA; Competing for the Louisiana SPCA
So make your reservation now -- Season 3 of Top Chef Masters premieres Wednesday, April 6 at 11/10c.
Who's your early favorite? Start a Tweet Battle and launch your campaign.