If you're a Top Chef fan or you're just looking to improve on your cookin' skills, look no further. Welcome to Top Chef University, your very own virtual culinary academy!
Launching today, Top Chef University offers over 200 in-depth lessons across 12 courses in an unmatched curriculum that encompasses everything from "Kitchen Basics and Technique" to "Entertaining, Molecular and Advanced Culinary Skills."
Top Chef University, perfect for everyone from experienced foodies to the home cook, is a fraction of the cost of traditional culinary school and provides access to virtual courses 24/7. Along the way, students will be tested on their culinary acumen receiving report cards that track their progress towards their "Top Chef" certification. Interactive features of this ultimate learning experience include webinars with some of the chefs as well as forums where members can post questions to be answered by accomplished and hand-picked experts in the culinary field.
Courses available from Top Chef University are:
* Basics and Techniques
* Stocks, Soups, Sauces, Raw
* Cooking Techniques I: Sauté, Boil, Grill
* Cooking Techniques II: Roast, Braise, Fry, Confit
* Vegetables, Eggs, Dairy, Cheese
* Fish, Seafood
* Pasta Grains, Bread
* Global Cuisine
* Entertaining, Molecular, Advanced Technique
The instructors include some of "Top Chef's" fan favorites and finalists:
* Ariane Duarte, "Top Chef: New York"
* Brian Malarkey, "Top Chef: Miami"
* Carla Hall, Finalist, "Top Chef: New York"
* Chris ‘CJ’ Jacobson, "Top Chef: Miami"
* Dale Levitski, Finalist, "Top Chef: Miami"
* Kevin Gillespie, Finalist and Fan Favorite, "Top Chef: Las Vegas"
* Marcel Vigneron, Finalist, "Top Chef: Los Angeles” * Nikki Cascone, "Top Chef: Chicago"
* Richard Blais, Finalist, "Top Chef: Chicago"
* Spike Mendelsohn, "Top Chef: Chicago"
* Stephanie Izard, Winner and Fan Favorite, "Top Chef: Chicago"
Check it all out HERE, get cookin,' and maybe you can teach us a thing or two. We were looking to brush on our molecular technique anyway...
No baking/desserts? Cowards!!! I love Top Chef, but am sad that so few of the chefs attempt the dreaded desserts. I adore baking and the like, and would love to see more of it, and learn some of the more classic techniques. Oh well, maybe next time.
I went to the top chef university site only to find it used adobe flash. I use an iPad to access the web and it doesn't support flash and will not ever do so because it is recognized as being older and outdated (general consensus) found online. I really would love to partake in your site but can not using flash. Please help!!
I wanted to join the university but the preview videos did not play well. I have Adobe so that was not the problem. They were out of sync however, the videos of receipes such as with Kevin played fine. Also, I cannot afford the price. I wish you would offer the year's worth with a trial month so that you could pay for the first month with the monthly price and then choose teh entire year's worth when you know you will be satisfied with it with the first month's payment deducted from the year's price. Thanks.