This week, Umami Burger—which now has branches in California, Chicago, Las Vegas and New York City—unveiled a new burger named after the food star who created it. The TV host designed the sandwich himself, and loaded it up with all his favorite umami-boosting ingredients: bacon lardons, cheddar, miso-maple bacon, smashed cheesy tots, a fried egg, fried sage and housemade coffee ketchup. It's called the Alton Burger, after (you guessed it) Alton Brown. A dollar from the sale of each will be donated to Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Read on for other important food headlines of the week, ICYMI:
• Rainbow bagels will hit the West Coast this weekend. [Foodbeast]
• Kevin Bacon and Eggs are back with a new video. [Incredible Egg]
• London artist Matthew Herbert performs with records made of cheese, ham and tortillas. [The Vinyl Factory]
• Following protests in Chicago, an anti-Trump beer is brewing in the city. [Beer Street Journal]
• Celebrity chef Michael Chiarello faces sexual harassment lawsuit. [SFGate]
• Cannabis-infused vodka debuts in Northern California. [Mashable]
• A Tim Burton-themed bar is heading to New York's East Village. [Wall Street Journal]
The Feast is Bravo’s digital destination for foodies, serving fresh culinary inspo, piping hot celebrity food coverage, diet and wellness trends, plus the kitchen hacks and tools you never knew you needed. Like us on Facebook and visit daily for a curated menu of essential food news, from seriously thought provoking to just plain fun.