Avocado-Soup with Crab, Yuzo and Apple - Recipe Finder
Avocado-Soup with Crab, Yuzo and ApplePhoto by:
Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 4, Quickfire Challenge
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 teaspoon yuzu
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 oz lump crab meat
- ½ apple, peeled and small diced
- ½ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Black pepper
1. In a blender, combine avocados, yuzu, coriander, shallots, lime zest, water, and rice wine vinegar. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in an ice bath until ready to serve.
2. Toss apples, mustard, shallots, tarragon, and olive oil. Season to taste.
1. Put lump crab in a bowl.
2. Ladle soup into bowl.
3. Top with apple relish.
And there might be more coming...Read More
Watch over 30 Bravolebrities -- and one monkey -- turn a deserted island into paradise.Read More