Top Chef, Season 9, Episode 11, Quickfire Challenge, Winner
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the shallots for 2 minutes and add the garlic, continuing to cook until golden and toasted.
2. Carefully add the Pernod and ignite. Simmer until flame disappears. Add the canned tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and simmer until all liquid evaporates. Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Carefully transfer liquid to a blender and blend until smooth. Reserve.
4. Season the grouper filet and prawn. Heat another sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place the fish filet in the oil. Sear for 2 minutes and add the prawn. Once golden, turn both over, add the clams, fennel and leeks. Sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add the broth, making sure to cover only by 3/4. Simmer gently for 3 minutes. Remove the seafood and place in a large serving bowl. Whisk butter into sauce, add herbs and season with salt.