Top Chef Masters, Season 3, Episode 3, Elimination Challenge, WINNER
1. Sweat out leeks, onion and garlic in butter.
2. Add water to cover.
3. Bring to a simmer, add celery and cook until celery is fully soft.
4. Puree in blender, using a bit of water, cream and crème fraiche (adding as much as you like, depending on desired richness and consistency)
5. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cover all herbs in oil
2. Macerate shallot in champagne vinegar and salt.
3. Add shallot to oil/herb mix at last minute to prevent discoloring
1. Spoon a dollop of Salsa Verde on top a bowl of Velouté. Drizzle with lemon oil.