Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 10, Elimination Challenge
1. Cut fennel into 1/8th and braise in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Peel and slice tomatoes into coins. Set aside.
3. Peel, slice, and salt eggplant. Sear “a la plancha” (on a metal plate) until tender. Set aside.
4. Bring verjus up to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Turn off heat and cover lid. Steep for 30 minutes. Strain and reserve liquid.
5. Make beurre monté by heating water to a simmer and then whisking in cold butter in small batches until emulsified, whisking constantly.
1. Arrange vegetables onto plate.
2. Emulsify verjus with beurre monté. Spoon sauce around plate.