4 ears corn, w/ kernels shaved from stalk
1 tbsp crème fraiche
2 tsp butter
1 2 oz. foie gras
Melted butter to taste
2-3 strips of bacon, diced
1 bunch Scallion, diced (light or white parts only)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree two ears' worth of corn in Vitamix until smooth.
- Move to pan, and add creme fraiche and 1 tsp butter. Warm until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
- Render bacon in pan, and add rest of the corn and 1 tsp butter. Add scallions last and sauté. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
Foie Gras and Lobster
- Slice foie gras, season with salt and pepper to taste, and sear in a pan.
- Blanch the lobster. Remove meat from shells, trim, devain, and brush liberally with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in oven at 140 degree F. for 4-5 minutes. Let rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread valoute on plate.
- Place succotash on top.
- Then put down lobster.
- Finish with seared foie gras on top.