Crispy Salmon with Pickled Pineapple and Raisins, Shaved Cauliflower and Crème Fraiche
Chef: Kristen Kish
Want the competing LCK recipe?
Check out Josie's Fennel Pollen Dusted Salmon with Fennel, Radish, and Tarragon Salad
- 3-inch by 1-inch pieces of salmon, butchered with skin left on
oil, as needed
a few sprigs of thyme
salt, to taste
- Pickled Raisins and Pineapple
- half cup small diced pineapple
- quarter cup black raisins
- half cup champagne vinegar
- half cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- creme fraiche
- micro shiso mix
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil and place fish skin side down.
- Allow to cook slowly with a few sprigs of thyme.
- Do not flip! Once skin is crispy after cooking for 10-12 minutes, season flesh side with salt.
- Let rest on tray, skin side up.
Pickled Raisins and Pineapple
- Bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt mixture to a boil, and pour half of it over raisins. Allowed to sit covered, until plump. (Overnight would be best.)
- Pour remaining half over pineapple, and let sit for 20 minutes. Then chill.
Sprinkle garnishes over salmon, and place pickled raisins and pineapple alongside the salmon.