Chef Roblé & Co., Season 2, Episode 5
About 2 dozen
1. In a saucepot, heat the milk and melt the butter. Stir in 1 tsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. When cool, beat in the yeast, nutmeg, eggs, remaining sugar and 1 1/2 cups of flour.
2. Add the remaining flour to the mixture (the dough will be sticky). Knead the dough for 5 minutes then allow to rise for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
3. Roll out the dough and with a 3-inch ring mold, cut out rounds. Set aside and let dough rise another 35-45 minutes.
4. In a heavy cast iron stockpot, heat oil to 365 degrees. Drop each round into the hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
5. Remove the donut balls from oil and place onto a paper towel to drain excess oil. While still, hot toss in powdered sugar.