Fresh Salsa - Recipe Finder
Fresh SalsaPhoto by: Joseph De Leo
Fresh chopped tomato salsa, also known as salsa Mexicana or pico de gallo, is the most popular salsa in and outside of Mexico. We love it with chips, quesadillas, or grilled chicken, fish, or steak. The only trick is to use the freshest ingredients and not to hold it for very long, so the flavors remain fresh.
Makes 2 cups; Serves 6 as an appetizer with chips
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and finely diced
- ¼ red onion minced
- 2 Jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired, and minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir and toss well. Serve immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator no longer than a day.