Fried Banana Fritter with Red Chili Paste - Recipe Finder
Fried Banana Fritter with Red Chili PastePhoto by:
Top Chef, Season 7, Episode 13, Elimination Challenge, Winner
- 3-4 large bananas (sliced and brushed with red chili paste)
- 12 teaspoons of red chili paste per portion (store bought)
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of each toasted black and white sesame seeds
- 1 ½ cups flour AP
- 2 eggs
- 1 beer
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Peel and cut the bananas into ½ inch slices brush them with the chili paste and sandwich them back together again. Stick them together with a toothpick so they will not fall apart when you dip into the batter and then into the fry oil
2. When all the bananas are sandwiched together with the red chili paste, place them in the freezer until super chilled.
For fritter batter- Combine eggs and beer. Combine all dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into wet.
3. Once the bananas are chilled, dip in the fritter batter and let the excess batter drip off and then fry at 350 degrees until golden brown. When cooked drain on a paper towel and remove the toothpick and dust with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
4. Place 3 banana fritters per person on a plate and drizzle with honey and serve immediately.