Top Chef, Season 9, Episode 4, Quickfire Challenge, Winner
1. In a stainless mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, lime juice, zest, sugar and lime leaves. Chill and reserve.
2. Sweat onion in vegetable oil and season with salt and garam masala. Cook until onions are translucent, chill and reserve.
3. Grill one apricot and corn until charred, but not cooked all the way. Dice grilled apricot and fresh apricot. Cut corn off cob. Mix, chill and reserve.
4. Roast ghost pepper on the grill until tender. With “gloved” hands de seed the pepper and mince.
5. Mix apricots, corn, onions and ghost pepper.
1. In a bowl, place a small mound of ghost pepper and apricot mixture.
2. Pour coconut soup until half way up the ghost pepper/apricot relish.
3. Garnish with toasted almonds, cilantro, basil and olive oil. Finish with a pinch of Maldon.