Green Papaya Salad - Recipe Finder
Green Papaya SaladPhoto by:
Around the World in 80 Plates, Season 1, Episode 7, The Takeover
- 1 large Green Papaya, julienned
- 1 Carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3-4 Thai chilies, diced
- 1 heaping tablespoon palm sugar paste
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 Chinese long beans, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon toasted peanuts (skin on)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 handful lettuce leaves
- Mandolin with medium julienne teeth
- Mortar & pestle
1. Place garlic and chilies in a medium bowl, and smash well.
2. Mix in fish sauce, palm sugar paste, salt, and lime juice.
3. Add carrots, papaya, tomatoes, and long beans.
4. Continue to mix with mortar and pestle until well blended and all fruits are slightly bruised.
5. Garnish with peanuts, cucumber slices and lettuce.