Jumbo Lump Crab with Thai Basil, Mango & Cucumber Salad - Recipe Finder
Jumbo Lump Crab with Thai Basil, Mango & Cucumber SaladPhoto by:
Top Chef, Season 7, Episode 5, Quickfire Challenge, Winner
- 6 blue crabs
- Chili paste
- 2 oranges
- 3 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1 small bunch Thai basil, chiffonade
- 1 Tbl soy sauce
- 2 Tbl oyster sauce
- 1 mango, julienned
- 3 scallions, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 ribs celery, peeled and shaved thin on mandolin
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, shaved
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, picked
- ½ bunch fresh mint, picked
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley, picked
- 2 oz peanuts, toasted and crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Roast blue crabs at 400-degrees F for 15 minutes.
2. For Chili Soy Citrus Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together ½ tablespoon of chili paste, and juice from half an orange and half a lime. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce.
3. Clean crabs making sure there are no bones or shells. In a medium bowl, add citrus segments from remaining orange, lime, and lemon. Add chiffonade Thai basil, salt, and pepper.
4. Toss together mango, scallions, carrots, celery, pepper, and fresh picked herbs. Lightly dress with chili soy citrus vinaigrette.
5. Place shaved salad in a bowl and top with crab salad. Garnish with crushed peanuts, additional fresh herbs, and shaved red onion. Before serving, drizzle a little chili soy citrus dressing around the plate.