“Moe”: Millet Crispy Treats with Peanut Butter Chips, Donuts, & Mexican Hot Chocolate - Recipe Finder
“Moe”: Millet Crispy Treats with Peanut Butter Chips, Donuts, & Mexican Hot ChocolatePhoto by:
Top Chef Masters, Season 2, Episode 6, Quickfire Challenge
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 oz. Sugar
- 4 oz. Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon (to roll donut in)
- 1/4 cup Sugar (to roll donut in)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cardamon
Mexican Hot Chocolate:
- 8 oz. Ibarra Chocolate
- 3 cups Milk
Millet Crispy Treats with Peanut Butter Chips:
- 1 oz Butter
- 3 cups Millet
- 5 oz Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Chocolate Pieces
- Pinch of Salt
Chef: Susan Feniger
For the Cinnamon Donut:
1. Bring water to a boil with butter and sugar. When it boils and the butter melts, add all flour and stir until flour pulls from side.
2. Put in a mixer and add 4 eggs, one at a time.
3. In a fryer, drop a spoonful at a time and fry at 350 degrees until cooked through about 8 minutes, depending on size.
4. When donut is done, quickly dip in sugar and cinnamon and drizzle with simple syrup
5. Serve with whipped cream OR each order with:
a. 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
b. 1 Tbsp Strawberry Jelly
For the Simple Syrup:
Heat water, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom together until they reach a thick consistency.
For the Mexican Hot Chocolate:
1. Grate 8oz. Ibarra chocolate into milk over low medium until it starts to come to a boil.
2. When hot chocolate is hot, add marshmallows.
For the Millet Crispy Treats with Peanut Butter Chips:
1. Melt butter and add marshmallows until almost melted.
2. Add millet, raisins and peanut butter chips.
3. Shape whatever size you want!