Top Chef Just Desserts, Season 2, Episode 7, Elimination Challenge, Winner
Manjari Caramel Mousse:
1. Dry caramelized sugar in a pot. Bring 100 grams cream to scald. Break sugar with cream. Allow to boil to dissolve caramel. Temper in yolks. Add yolks to cream mixture to make anglaise. Pour anglaise over chocolate and bloomed gelatin. Burmix final product.
2. Whip 250 grams cream and fold into chocolate mixture.
1. In a pot bring water, sugar, glucose and stabilizer to a boil. Pour over chocolate and salt. Burmix final product. Disperse into paco jet beakers, allow to freeze. Paco next day.
Passion Fruit Jelly:
1. Place passion fruit, water, sugar and vanilla bean in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat. Add bloomed gelatin and allow to melt. Disperse into fleximold discs. Freeze.
1. Make a dry caramel with sugar in a pot, scald cream and vanilla. Break caramel with cream. Temper in yolks and make anglaise. Take off heat, add bloomed gelatin, rum and salt. Burmix to make smooth. Disperse in demisphere fleximold and freeze.
1. Combine ingredients and cryovac bag and vacuum.