Top Chef: Just Desserts, Season 1, Episode 2, Elimination Challenge, Winner
1. Bring sugar and water to a boil- turn down the heat to low and add the limes. Cook for 3 minutes. Then remove the lines from the syrup.
2. Place on a sheet tray covered with plastic wrap and put in oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour. Then flip over and put back in the oven for ½ hour till dry.
Grand Marnier Crème Brulée
1. In a bowl mix sugar, yolks and zest. Bring heavy cream and vanilla to a boil.
2. Then temper yolk mixture into cream and gelatin then add to ½ qt heavy cream and bake at 325 degrees till set.
1. Mix sugar, butter, salt, and eggs till creamed. Then add zest and flour mix until incorporated. Place in cooler for 15 minutes and then roll out in ¼ inch thick and cut with 3” round cutter. Bake for 8-10mins until golden brown.
Citrus Tequila Mousse:
1. Whip heavy cream to a soft medium peak. Warm the vanilla sauce, orange, lime & sugar then add gelatin till melted. Fold into the heavy cream.
2. Cut the crème brulée into 1 inch squares. Pour the mousse into sphere molds and place the crème brulée in the middle of the mousse and then top it with the lime tart cookie. Place in the freezer to set.
1. Bring the sugar, juices and zest to a low boil. Then tighten a little with corn-starch and add the tequila to taste and orange segments and set aside.