Top Chef, Season 10, Episode 7, Elimination Challenge
1. Warm goat milk, heavy cream, half cup of sugar, and sage. Infuse.
2. Bloom gelatin in cold water
3. Whisk yolks, matcha powder, and corn star together.
4. Temper goat milk mixture over the egg mixture, pour mix back into the pot and cook to nape. Remove from heat and add in gelatin to melt completely. Strain and chill until set.
To make the tayberry jam: Mix all together, and boil for 3 minutes. Chill and blend in blender.
To make the tayberry olive oil: Macerate ingredients together.
To make the cornmeal sable:
1. Whisk dry ingredients together.
2. Add chilled butter cubes. Mix until small, pea-size butter pieces start appear.
3. Add yolks, yogurt, and extra virgin olive oil in. Be sure not to over work.
4. Crumble onto sheet tray lined with a silpat. Cook in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.