Mediterranean Omelet with Arugula Salad - Recipe Finder
Mediterranean Omelet with Arugula SaladPhoto by:
Top Chef, Season 10, Episode 1
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce cream
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 3 Nouvelle potatoes
- 1 Bunch Mixed greens
- 6 Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/3 red onions (thinly sliced)
- 10 Champignon mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Clean and season a poele well, or use a nonstick pan with a non-abrasive utensil.
2. Sauté the zucchini with salt & pepper, until lightly golden-colored and set aside.
3. Peel and turn the potatoes into “Cocotte” shape, parboil it for about 3 minutes, drain off the water, and sauté in clarified butter or olive oil until golden brown. Finish cooking in 375-degree preheated oven,
4. Place a sauté pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil, and let it heat for about 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms, season. Let them sauté for about 3 minutes, then add small knobs of butter around the pan edges, let the butter melt into the mushrooms and turn them, keep turn occasionally until them reach a golden color; set aside.
5. Break room-temperature eggs into a ramekin, one at the time to check quality. Use 2 for an appetizer and 3 for a breakfast or a main course.
6. Place the eggs in a bowl, adding 1/3 ounce of cream per egg and season. Mix well with a fork or whisk.
7. Heat the poele over medium heat and add 1/4 ounce of butter.
8. Add the eggs to the foaming butter. Stir continuously with a fork or wooden fork. When the omelet is lightly set, stop stirring. The point at which you stop stirring is the key to having a smooth even omelet. If you prefer a running omelet, you may stop stirring earlier. A rolled omelet should have a completely smooth, unbrowned (no color) surface.
9. Place the zucchini on the center of the omelet.
10. Fold the edge of omelet over onto itself, tilt the pan from the handle and lightly tap the handle so that the omelet moves from the pan. Form the omelet with a fork.
11. Roll the omelet onto a warm plate seam side down; adjust the form if necessary by shaping with a clean towel.
12. Brush the top lightly with melted butter, garnish with sauté mushrooms
13. Dress the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes and red onions with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
14. Place a handful of salad next to the omelet and the Rissoulet potatoes as well.