Natural Vanilla with Sautéed Peaches, Brandy & Crisp - Recipe Finder
Natural Vanilla with Sautéed Peaches, Brandy & CrispPhoto by:
Top Chef: Just Desserts, Season 1, Episode 4, Quickfire Challenge
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup pecans
- 6 ounces cubed cold butter
- 2 T flour
- 4 peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 2 T butter
- Vanilla ice cream
1. Make a crisp by combining oats, brown sugar, pecans, butter and flour
2. Add to food processor and pulse until a crumb forms.
3. Place on a silpat lined sheet pan and bake until browned. Let cool and then break into clumps.
1. Cut peaches and sauté in saucepan with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter until soft and caramelized.
2. Add a splash of whiskey or brandy and flambé to taste. Let cool slightly.
1. Layer in a serving dish with vanilla ice cream and crisp.
2. Eat it. It’s delicious.