Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 10, Elimination Challenge Winner
1. For fig jam, combine all ingredients in a saucepot and cook down until reduced to jam consistency. Strain and reserve.
2. For red beets, cover beets with thyme, salt, and garlic and roast in a 320-degree F oven for 1 hour. Peel and cut into discs.
3. For red wine & port reduction, combine all ingredients except for butter in a pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce until au sec (almost dry). Strain and mount sauce with cold butter. Season and reserve.
4. For steak, season with salt, pepper, and herbes de province. Grill until medium rare and let rest.
1. Spoon fig jam onto plate and place steak on top. Place red beet disc on steak.
2. Drizzle with red wine & port reduction.
3. Garnish with black truffles, preserved lemon zest, chervil, and tarragon.