Top Chef, Season 7, Episode 9, Elimination Challenge
For the Fennel Marmalade:
1. Combine ingredients in a pot and cook over low heat until marmalade consistency is achieved.
For the Tomato-Fennel Emulsion:
1. Sweat fennel, tomatoes, onion, and garlic until soft.
2. Deglaze with shellfish stock and cook over low heat for 1 hour. Puree in blender and strain.
For the White Beans:
1. Render bacon and sweat garlic, onions, celery, leeks, rosemary, and thyme. Add beans and cover with water. Cook over low heat until beans are tender.
For the Halibut:
1. Heat oil with garlic and thyme. Sauté fish and base with infused oil.
Place white beans in bowl and cover with tomato-fennel emulsion. Place fish on top. Garnish with fennel marmalade.