Top Chef, Season 8, Episode 1, Elimination Challenge
1. Heat skillet to medium high heat.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté until crispy and brown.
3. Add red wine vinegar, toss and then cook until vinegar has dried out.
1. Mix ingredients together and set aside.
2. Split the dressing into two bowls; use one half for dressing and other half as a marinate for the scallops.
1. Cut scallops lengthwise in three.
2. Marinate in mixture of lime, fish sauce, garlic, Sambol and sugar. Leave in fridge for 30 min.
Hearts of Palm Salad:
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Top with dressing.
1. Place a bit of the dressing on the bottom, scatter a few mushrooms on the plate in trio-like bunches, top each trio portion with a scallop and finish with a bit of salad on the top.