Donut with Wild Blueberry Jam
Top Chef: Just Desserts, Season 1, Episode 7, Elimination Challenge
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 cups AP flour
- 10 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salt
- Blueberry Jam
1. Dissolve yeast in water then whisk in flour. Cover with plastic and let double in volume in a warm place.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time followed by Vanilla. Stir in dry until mealy (not a dough). Stir in yeast mixture.
3. Switch to the hook attachment and mix to a firm ball. Place in a bowl and let rise till doubled.
4. Roll to an inch/inch and a half. Cut into 2 inch rounds and place on floured sheet trays. Let rise another hour.
5. Fry at 350, flipping once.
6. Fill with blueberry jam using a pipping bag fitted with a “bismark” tip.