Skillet Asparagus with Six-Minute Egg and Green Romesco
Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 9, Elimination Challenge
- 2 eggs
- 8 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cubanelle peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 bunch chives, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, stems trimmed off, halved lengthwise
- Celery leaves, for garnish
1. Bring water to boil. Carefully drop in eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Pull out eggs and shock in ice water. Peel and cut in half
2. For green romesco, combine green bell peppers, cubanelle peppers, scallions, chives, garlic, almonds, and olive oil in blender and puree for 4-6 minutes until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Blanch asparagus in salted water and shock in an ice bath Drain well and sauté in olive oil for 10 seconds on each side in a skillet.
1. Spread green romesco across the plate.
2. Arrange asparagus on top of romesco.
3. Place an egg half on top of asparagus.
4. Garnish with celery leaves.