Toffee Fudge Brownie
Top Chef: Just Desserts, Season 1, Episode 3, Elimination Challenge
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1C light corn syrup
- 1 lb Butter, cut into 1inch cubes
- 1130g chocolate
- 430g brown sugar
- 1280g sugar
- 2lbs butter
- 580g flour
- 62g cocoa powder
- 2t salt
- 22 eggs
1. Spray a silpat lined baking sheet and a large offset spatula with pan spray.
2. In sauté pan combine cream, sugar and corn syrup
3. Over medium high heat bring mixture to a boil without stirring. Brush sides of pan with wet pastry brush to dissolve any sugar.
4. Add butter and continue to cook without stirring until mixture becomes light brown.
5. When mixture becomes light brown begin to stir with a heatproof spatula until it becomes a caramel color.
6. Pour mixture onto silpat lined sheet tray and spread as thin as possible.
7. Let toffee cool for ½ hour. Run toffee in Robot Coupe and cover in air tight container immediately.
1. Whisk together dry ingredients. Melt chocolate with butter over a Bain Marie. Take off heat and add sugars. Whisk to combine. Whisk in eggs. Fold in dry ingredients. Add chopped toffee and gently fold in. Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes.