Red Snapper with Leeks, Little Gem Lettuce, Tarragon, Uni & Shellfish Nage - Recipe Finder
Red Snapper with Leeks, Little Gem Lettuce, Tarragon, Uni & Shellfish Nage
Top Chef Season 10, Episode 17, Finale
- Red snapper portions with skin on
- Grapeseed oil for searing
- 2 pounds lobster bodies
- 1 pound shrimp shells and heads
- 1 while onion cut in quarters
- 1 carrots peeled and large diced
- 2 stalks celery-peeled and large diced
- 4 springs lemon thyme
- 2 stalks lemongrass-bruised
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Water to cover
- Oil for searing
- 2 leeks , white and light green part only, cut into quarters lengthwise, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 lemon slices
- 3 springs lemon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water, as needed
- Santa Barbara uni
- Wilted little gem lettuce
- Micro celery
To Make the Fish:
Sear red snapper.
To Make the Nage:
Roast in 400 oven until golden brown
To Make the Vegetable Sauce:
1.) Begin to caramelize onion, carrot, and celery in a rondo in grape seed oil.
2.) Once vegetables begin to develop color, add lemon grass, thyme, tomato, and tomato paste. Cook until it looks sticky. Deglaze with white wine. Cook until au sec.
3.) Add water, just enough to cover. Simmer on high for 1.5 hours.
4.) Strain. And reduce liquid until nape.
5.) Mount in butter and roughly half the volume of the reduced nage.
6.) Finish with yuzu juice and salt to taste
To Make the Leeks:
1.) Place leeks in one layer in a roasting pan and drizzle with three tablespoons olive oil and sherry vinegar. Add sugar, lemon slices, and lemon thyme.
2.) Add water until it reaches a quarter way up the leeks and add salt and pepper to taste.
3.) Cover with foil and place in 300-degree oven. Cook for about 1.5 hours until soft.