Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 2, Quickfire Challenge
1. For sauce: In vita-prep, combine shallot, garlic, ginger, lemon juice (except for half lemon), jalapenos, water, salt and pepper. Buzz until smooth. Add 4 sprigs of parsley (leaves only). Slowly pour in enough oil to emulsify. Set aside.
2. Cut salmon into thin, even, square pieces.
3. Peel apple and cut into same-sized squares. Cut some further into batons.
4. Chiffonade remaining parsley leaves and celery leaves. Shave celery rib. Toss together with apple batons, remaining fresh lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Season.
1. Arrange alternating salmon and apple squares into a diagonal slightly overlapping.
2. Garnish with parsley-celery-apple salad.
3. Spoon jalapeno emulsion onto the plate.