Semolina Orecchiette with Brown Butter, Pomegranate, Apple & Fresh Figs
Chef: Kristen Kish
Want tonight's other LCK recipes?
Check out Joshua Valentine's Venison with Coriander, Brown Sugar & Black Pepper Cure, Kale & Shaved Carrot and Lizzie Binder's Black Cod in Black Pepper Vinegar, Savoy Cabbage & Spaetzle
- Semolina Pasta
- 1 cup semolina flour
quarter cup water, or as needed
1 teaspoon toasted, ground caraway seeds
- Citrus Sauce
- juice of 3 oranges
juice of 1 Meyer lemon
3 tablespoons butter
salt, to taste
- apples slices sautéed in brown butter
sautéed baby kale
wilted pea greens
- Mix all together. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and roll into a long rope shape, half an inch in diameter. Cut across into half-inch by half-inch pieces. Place pasta in your palm, and with your other thumb, make an indent press while rolling and creating a "gnocchi" shape or orecchiette.
- Reduce to 3 tablespoons of juice.
- Mount in 3 tablespoons of butter and season with salt
Use garnishes over pasta tossed in citrus sauce as desired.