Slow Poached Maine Lobster, Charred Lemon, White Corn, Red Marble Potatoes - Recipe Finder
Slow Poached Maine Lobster, Charred Lemon, White Corn, Red Marble PotatoesPhoto by:
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat, medium dice
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, rinsed and medium dice (you’ll want to end up with 4 cups of diced potatoes)
- 1 hard boiled egg, small dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 3/4 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1. In an amply sized pot add in your diced potatoes and cover with cold water. Add water until there is 3 inches of water above the top of the potatoes. Turn the heat up to high. As the water starts to warm, stir in some salt. Taste the water. Keep adding salt and tasting until the water tastes like the saltiness of the ocean. Once the water comes to a boil the potatoes will cook in about 12 minutes. test a piece of potato for doneness every few minutes until they are done. Once the potatoes are done cooking, strain them out with a colander. Spread them out on a flat surface like a sheet trey and let them cool.
2. In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, relish, parsley, bell pepper, onion, celery, and egg. Mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Add in your cooled potatoes and mix again. Don’t worry of some of your potatoes start to break. This is good. Make sure that you don’t over-mix though. You want the diced potato to be recognizable. You don’t want mashed potatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Salt may not be needed. Finally, you can either fold in your lobster or plate the potato salad and place the diced lobster on top of the potato salad. Enjoy!
This can be served individually on small plates or family style on a larger platter. If you are having a cocktail party, this can be placed on a buffet or common table with some nice wood skewers, they taste good at room temperature too.