Top Chef, Season 9, Episode 3, Elimination Challenge, Winner
1. Place all ingredients except tapioca starch in a blender and puree.
2. Fold puree into tapioca starch.
3. Make dough balls of 200 grams each.
4. Place 2 Silpats 10 inches apart and put plastic wrap on the table. Put a dough ball in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and roll out to Silpat thickness.
5. Steam the rolled out dough ball for 20 minutes.
6. Once it is steamed let it cool to room temperature. Cut off edges and peel off plastic wrap.
7. Cut up the steamed sheet and dehydrate at 90 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 hours.
8. Fry chip at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 seconds.
1. Blend all ingredients in a spice grinder.
2. Sift over chips.
1. Season pork with salt.
2. Place lard, orange zest, bay leaves and onion in a hotel pan 4- inches deep. Place on a stove and bring up to a boil. Cook in oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 hours.
3. Pull meat once done and season with salt and lime.
Lime Crème Fraiche:
1. Place all ingredients in a mixer and whip until it is stiff