Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 10, Elimination Challenge
1. For braised leeks, place leeks in a pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Add bay leaf, thyme, and salt. Reduce until dry and leeks are tender.
2. For carrot puree, place carrots in a pot and cover with water. Simmer carrots until tender. Drain carrots and transfer to a blender with butter, ginger, cumin, and cinnamon. Puree until smooth and season to taste.
3. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with extra virgin olive oil. Confit potatoes on low heat until tender. Remove potatoes from oil. Peel and slice potatoes.
1. Slice leek and arrange on plate.
2. Spoon carrot puree in a line on plate.
3. Arrange potato slices in carrot puree.
4. Garnish with radishes and dill.