Top Chef: Just Desserts, Season 2, Episode 5, Quickfire Challenge, Winner
Ovaltine Petite Beurre:
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor. Press into a half sheet cake frame.
2. Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes. Rotate and bake for 10 more minutes.
Puffed Rice Mix:
1. Get oil hot in shallow frying pan. Puff black forbidden rice by frying and strain through chinois.
2. Mix puffed black rice, crispy rice cereal, cocoa nibs, peanut butter, salt, milk chocolate (melted) and spread evenly over petite beurre. Place in blast freezer for 10 minutes to chill. Meanwhile, make milk chocolate ganache.
Milk Chocolate Ganache:
1. Bring heavy cream to scald. Turn off heat, pour over milk chocolate and salt. Hand blend until smooth and pour over crispy rice mix in cake frame.
2. Allow to set using liquid nitrogen. Cut bars into 3/4 of an inch by 3 1/2 inch in length. Dip in tempered dark chocolate. Sprinkle sea salt before chocolate sets.