Whether you frequently travel alone or simply prefer to err on the side of caution, knowing how to keep your cool in an unknown territory is very important. No one knows this more than people who jet set for a living, and one pro recently took to social media to list her go-to tips in a now-viral (and very useful) thread. Here, let's review travel blogger Ciara Johnson's tweets on staying safe abroad. While we totally recommend reading the entire thread — and corresponding blog post on the topic — below are 10 very crucial snippets of advice, straight from her Twitter, @hey_ciara.
1. Research the area in advance.
2. Make sure someone knows where you are at all times.
3. Scan your surroundings.
4. Avoid places with zero online reviews.
5. Don't post on social media in real time.
6. Divide your cash and valuables between bags.
7. Use a ride sharing apps like Uber.
8. Know your limits.
9. Be rude if you need to.
10. Fake it 'til you make it.
Jet Set is Bravo's launch pad for the most extravagant, luxurious, and unforgettable travel experiences. Ready for takeoff? Then Like us on Facebook to stay connected to our daily updates.