Wow. That was quite the episode this week. It may just be the best one yet! I think the Madison situation speaks for itself... You be the judge.
A few words of advice:
1. Treat your client's money like it's your own money. Do everything you can to get them the best deal. My Beverly Park deal was a huge success! Believe it or not, I just put the house back on the market for my client because we got such a great deal on it. Now it's time to make him a few million in profit!
2. Don't ever let the other agent see you sweat. The second any good agent sees some type of fear, you will lose. Notice in the boardroom negotiation, I kept a poker face the whole time.
3. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If a deal falls through, then you move onto the next one. It's not the end of the world. If you do a lot of business like I do, you're not going to get all the deals.
4. You're only as good as your last deal.
5. Don't ever count your commission until it's in your bank account. I can't tell you how many agents I know that spend their commission before they collect the check. Be smart with your money.
That's all for now. Follow me on twitter @thejoshaltman. Friend me on Facebook, and you can see all my current listings on my website www.thealtmanbrothers.com.