Chef: Louis Maldonado
- Chicken Bouillon:
- Chicken bones
- 2 springs of thyme
- ½ head of garlic
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 qt. chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. clam juice
- Poached Egg
- 2 c. olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- Pork and Roasted Vegetables
- 6 mushrooms
- 6 1/4 radishes
- 2 baby carrots
- 3 leaves of red cabbage
- 1 pc. pork skin
- Pickled Onions
- 1 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 c. sugar
- 6 pearl onions, peeled and halved
- In a 9' saucepan add a layer of oil.
- Add shallots, garlic and thyme then roast vegetables until caramelized.
- Drawn oil from pan and deglaze with 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Reduce by 60 percent and add another cup of chicken stock.
- Conjure until all chicken stock has been added and reduce by half.
- Strain and add clam juice.
Pork and Roasted Vegetables
- Scrape chicken skin and cook at 250 degrees for 30 minutes between two ¼ c. pans.
- Remove skin and fry at 375 degrees for 2 minutes and season with salt.
- Season vegetables with salt. Place pork and strain over the vegetables.
- Roast in a wood oven for 15 minutes.
- In a saute pan, laddle 4 oz. of chicken bouillion.
- Add roasted baby carrots, asparagus, and cabbage then bring to a boil.
- Slowly simmer all ingredients till tender
- Bring vinegar and sugar to a boil.
- Once boiling, add onions and boil for an additional 3 minutes.
- Bring oil up to 130 degrees.
- Add egg yolks and cook at 130 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Toss all ingredients (including pickled onions) together.
- In a bowl add the cooked egg yolks.
- Place cabbage leafs down, cover with radishes and mushrooms.
- Sauce the chicken bouillon over the top.