Beyond Bravo

Bachelor in Paradise's DeMario Jackson Says His Character "Has Been Assassinated"

The reality star believes that he has been hit with "false claims" and "malicious allegations."

Bachelor in Paradise star DeMario Jackson has issued an official statement in the wake of the show's scandal. 

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” he said in a statement to PEOPLE Wednesday. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.” 

Warner Bros. announced on Sunday that production on Season 4 of Bachelor in Paradise had been halted due to what the production company called a "misconduct." Reports then surfaced that DeMario was allegedly involved in a sexual encounter with a female cast member after they had been drinking heavily that day.


His statement came shortly after fellow Bachelor in Paradise contestant Corinne Olympios spoke out about the incident Wednesday. “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” she said in a statement to PEOPLE. “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.” 

Bachelor in Paradise host Chris Harrison addressed the show's suspension earlier this week in a statement to PEOPLE. “There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident. And there’s a lot of misinformation out there too. We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete,” part of the statement read. Chris also asked fans to "respect the privacy of the parties involved." He concluded the statement by saying, "It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon.”

All Posts About:
Beyond Bravo

You May Also Like...

Recommended by Zergnet