When Bravo and 'Glee' Collide
Which Housewife had a song featured on the show?
The contestants on Oxygen's The Glee Project are belting and battling their way into McKinley High, but we have a different suggestion for wannabe Warblers: pop up on Bravo.
You seee, the worlds of Bravo and Glee have collided more often than you might think:
- One Real Housewife has written a song featured on the show. Earlier this year, the Dalton Academy Warblers belted out Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills"... Which was written by The Real Housewives of Atlanta's own Kandi Burruss.
- But Kandi isn't the only Bravo star to see her tune turn up on Glee. In the show's first season, Rachel took a stab at "Taking Chances," a song made famous by Celine Dion. And who co-wrote that hit? Platinum Hit judge Kara DioGuardi.
- One Bravo star even saw his son turn up on Glee. When the show visited the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, one of the patients they shot with was 10-year-old Grayson Arroyo-Smiley, the son of The Real Housewives of Orange County's Slade Smiley.
- Another Bravo star has publicly lobbied for a spot on Glee. After making her acting debut on Law & Order: SVU, The Real Housewives of New York City's LuAnn de Lesseps told reporters that she wanted her next primetime stop to be McKinley High. "I'm going to ask Ryan Murphy to reach out to me, because I love Glee. I love to sing," she's said. Suppose it's a more direct route than The Glee Project.
- And, for a couple of the show's stars, the feeling is mutual. "I am a Real Housewives freak," Chris Colfer told USA Weekend, noting a particular affinity for the Atlanta ladies. And castmate Lea Michele went further, tweeting, "guilty pleasure is every show on Bravo.. No matter where I am if I'm watching Bravo I feel like I'm home."
So who will get to live LuAnn's dream and earn a spot on Glee? Find out as The Glee Project unfolds Sundays at 9/8c on Oxygen.