Real Housewives of Atlanta
WATCH TO WIN SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES 7/30/09 – 11/2/09
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents physically residing in one (1) of the forty-eight (48) continental United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Officers, directors, agents, and employees of Bravo Media LLC (“Sponsor”), and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The participating wireless carriers are not sponsors of the Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD/HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 pm ET on July, 30,2009 and ends at 12:00 pm ET on November 2, 2009 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All times in this Sweepstakes refer to Eastern Time (“ET”). The Sweepstakes consists of twelve (12) Weekly Drawings (as defined below) conducted over the twelve (12) weeks comprising the Sweepstakes Period. Each Weekly Drawing will consist of: (i) a promotion period (a “Weekly Entry Period”) that will begin at 10:00pm on Tuesday and will end the next day, Wednesday at 12:00 pm as detailed in the chart below and (ii) a random drawing (“Weekly Drawing”) conducted on the Weekly Drawing Date specified in the chart below from among all eligible entries received during such Weekly Entry Period. One (1) weekly winner will be selected in each of the twelve (12) Weekly Drawings, for a total of twelve (12) winners throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. Entries for each Weekly Drawing must be received by the “Weekly Entry Period End Date” for that particular Weekly Drawing as specified in the chart below. Entries for the last Weekly Drawing (Weekly Drawing 12) must be received by 12:00 pm on October, 15th 2009. Limit one (1) entry per person/mobile device/email address per Weekly Entry Period for a total of twelve (12) entries during the Sweepstakes Period. Regardless of the method of entry, you are limited to ONE (1) entry for each Weekly Entry Period. Entries from the same person in excess of one (1) for any Weekly Entry Period or twelve (12) for the entire Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the mobile device or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a mobile device is the defined as the natural person in whose name the device has been issued and to whom services are billed. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval.
How To Enter By Text Messaging: To enter this Sweepstakes by text messaging, you must have a text messaging capable mobile device from a participating wireless carrier and be a member of the “Real Housewives” mobile fan club (“Housewives Fan Club”). Entrants can register to become part of the Housewives Fan Club by visiting the Bravo website at bravotv.com (the “Website’), and entering and submitting the required information. Alternatively, you may subscribe to the Housewives Fan Club by texting “WIVES” to the short code 27286. Once registered for the Housewives Fan Club, a weekly text message (“Weekly Text Message”) containing a weekly question (“Weekly Question”) will be sent to your mobile device. You can enter each Weekly Drawing by replying to the Weekly Text Message with your answer to the Weekly Question from the letter choices that will be presented with the Weekly Question. Once a Weekly Entry Period has begun, entrants may answer the corresponding Weekly Question (and enter the Weekly Promotion) until the Weekly Entry Period End Date of such Weekly Entry Period, as listed in the chart below. For each response to a Weekly Question submitted via text message, you will receive one (1) entry into the Weekly Drawing. In addition, the Weekly Question will also be posted at the Website. You may unsubscribe from the Housewives Fan Club at any time by texting WEND to 27286. Your answer to the Weekly Question will not affect your chances of winning this Sweepstakes. Please use caution and do not drive while entering the Promotion. STANDARD TEXT MESSAGE RATES APPLY TO EACH TEXT MESSAGE SENT AND RECEIVED.
How To Enter For Free Online: To enter this Sweepstakes online for free without using a text messaging capable mobile device, visit the Website, click on the Sweepstakes banner or link, and complete the online registration form in its entirety, selecting your answer to the Weekly Question for the corresponding Weekly Entry Period, as well as your name, email address, telephone number and zip code, and submit your entry. Once a Weekly Entry Period has begun, entrants may answer the corresponding Weekly Question (and enter the Weekly Promotion) until the Weekly Entry Period End Date of such Weekly Entry Period, as listed in the chart below. Your answer to the Weekly Question will not affect your chances of winning this Sweepstakes.
3. WEEKLY DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: Twelve (12) potential weekly winners (each a “Weekly Winner”) (i.e., one (1) potential winner per Weekly Entry Period) will be selected in a random drawing on or about the “Weekly Drawing Date” for that particular Weekly Drawing as specified in the chart above from among all eligible entries received during the corresponding Weekly Entry Period by employees or representatives of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Winning is subject to verification of eligibility. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to notify each potential Weekly Winner at the telephone number and/or email address submitted at the time of entry. Potential Weekly Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (“Affidavit and Release”) and Publicity Release (where legal) within three (3) days of date of notification. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of or inability to deliver any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, and time permitting, an alternate potential Weekly Winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Non-winning entries from one Weekly Entry Period will not rollover to the next Weekly Entry Period. Limit one (1) Prize Pack (as defined below) per family or household.
4. PRIZE: Each Weekly Winner (one (1) Weekly Winner per Weekly Entry Period) will receive a prize pack (“Prize Pack”) consisting of Real Housewife-themed merchandise selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Prize Pack may include such items as a DVD and a t-shirt. Sponsor will determine specifics of Prize Pack, including, but not limited to, quantity, colors and types of items in Prize Pack in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Prize Pack is thirty dollars ($30). Total ARV for all Prize Packs is one hundred and eighty dollars ($180). Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. No transfer, substitution or cash redemption will be awarded in lieu of stated prize except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. If prize is unclaimed, it will be forfeited, and an alternate Weekly Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries for the applicable Weekly Entry Period.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (i) to release and hold Sponsor, NBC Universal, Inc., the participating wireless carriers, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claim, liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or misuse, nonuse or use of any prize; (ii) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with prize; (iii) if selected as a winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on the Website and the use by Released Parties of such name, and entrant’s voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, permission, notification or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; (iv) to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’ fees or any damages; and (v) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, stolen, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual’s ability to participate. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
Due to the nature of television, the broadcast dates and times of each first run episode of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” (the “Show”) (and, therefore, the entry and random drawing dates and times) are subject to change. In the event the Show is canceled prior to exhibition, the Sweepstakes will terminate as of the date of such cancellation. Additionally (and without limiting the foregoing), if for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of being run or implemented as planned, including, but not limited to, as the result of infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other cause of any kind, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, is likely to or actually corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes and the prizes may not be awarded; except that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to pick winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received by Sponsor during the applicable Weekly Entry Period up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Any changes will be posted on the Website.
7. WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners, available after November 2, 2009, please send a self-addressed, postage paid envelope to Real Housewives Watch to Win Sweepstakes, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10112 by September 1, 2009. Attention: Abigail Cusick.
8. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the breach of any term hereof, cannot be otherwise resolved, it shall be resolved by binding arbitration conducted in the County of New York, and administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (the “JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an experienced arbitrator licensed to practice law in New York. The decision of the arbitrator shall be binding, final and conclusive and shall not be appealable to any court. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
10. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, ONLINE OR BY SMS (TEXT MESSAGING), OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS.