When most of us work from home, it’s helpful but stressful all at once. You get to stay in your pajamas and are available to handle emergencies should they pop up, but you’re also home — which means you’re still dealing with kid requests, piles of laundry, an empty refrigerator, and that toilet that won’t stop running. AND, I’m guessing, you don’t likely have a dedicated home office to work out of. Or if you, do it’s like mine: a room that has a desk and a printer… but it also doubles as my home’s guest bedroom and houses my husband’s closet and my daughter’s desk. Would I call it peaceful? Nope. A sanctuary? Nope. A retreat? HA, nope. Which is why we here at Home & Design were just utterly bowled over by Heather Dubrow’s private home office in the grand Dubrow Chateau.
The Real Housewives of Orange County alum recently gave a tour of the space, and to call it #homeofficegoals would be an understatement. While it’s not humongous like the rest of the house (though it does have 28-foot-high ceilings), it oozes cozy glamour and is a place where you could be relaxed and productive all at once.
Check out my eight favorite details of the space — I mean, we ALL need a hidden office bar, am I right?! — below and to see the full tour, click on the above video from Heather’s YouTube channel, Heather’s Closet.
1. It has its own fireplace!
2 . And floor-to-ceiling built-in cabinets, complete with uplighting and a movable ladder. Sigh.
3. Heather has fallen in love with all things Kelly Wearstler, and this table adds a high dose of design drama to the room's otherwise calming palette.
4. After discovering that deliverymen could see her working with zit cream on her face, Heather added curtains... and of course, they're over-the-top sparkle-embedded curtains with a chic lucite rod.
Need more proof? Check out this up-close shot of the curtain fabric!
5. One of her more genius decisions when designing Dubrow Chateau, Heather installed a bar in her office but keeps it hidden behind the wall's floor-to-ceiling panels.
6. Because a bathroom in plain sight would be soooo gauche (LOL), Heather added another hidden detail to the room — a super girly bathroom with crystal tiling and sparkly wallpaper.
7. Prediction: Shag rugs are going to explode in 2019.
8. And to anchor the gorgeous space, she mixed rustic and chic on the ceiling with wood beams accenting a seven-layer chandelier.
Yup, it's official, we all need a home office just like Heather's.
Credit: Heather's Closet/Youtube
Open the door to Bravo's Home & Design and you'll peek inside fabulous mansions, browse coveted décor, and discover the essential home products you never knew you couldn't live without. Like us on Facebook for more inspiration.