PART 2: Surf and Repeat
Clients will move down to the water’s edge for Part 2 of their workout in the surf.
Station #1 – Surf Dodge and Sprint
From the top of the water line, clients will sprint to the waters edge as the tide recedes and race back to the top of the water line as the water rushes back up the beach.
1. Clients will be wearing sneakers and workout clothes to not hinder their mobility.
2. Sand is hard and they will be running with or against the incline of the beach.
3. If clients fall, they land in ankle deep water.
FINAL Station – “Pull Your Own Weight
Out in the surf are 8 buoys. Each client is told to stand in front of the buoy with his or her initials. Attached to the buoy, on the floor of the ocean, is a net filled with weights totaling the amount each client wants to lose. Using the rope in the sand, they are to pull the weight to shore. Once on shore, clients must drag their bags back to their mat on the beach.
1. Sand is firm but still soft to get leverage.
2. Clients are instructed to use their arms and legs.
3. Form is key
4. Completion is not necessary.