Week 3: Comfort Food (Without the Calories)
See your favorite recipes prepared the Warner way - lean and clean!
- 1 ½ hard boiled eggs (cut in half and hollowed out (reserve yolk))
- 1 oz. light Italian dressing
- ½ oz. diced turkey bacon
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- Cut the eggs in half and gently scoop out the yolk into a bowl.
- Mash the yolk and add enough salad dressing to get a creamy consistency.
- Stir in the parsley and the chopped up turkey bacon.
- Scoop the filling back into the egg white.
- Sprinkle with paprika for color.
- 1.6 grams
Jalapeno Cheese Turkey Burgers
- 5 oz. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. parsley (chopped)
- Garlic to taste
- ¼ jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 oz. jack cheese (shredded)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine the fist three ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the Jalapenos and the Jack cheese, set aside.
- Portion out the patties; make an indentation in the middle of the patty and stuff with the jalapeno and jack cheese mixture.
- Grill the burgers.
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- ½ a whole wheat hamburger bun
- 5.1 grams
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz. turkey ham
- 1 oz. mozzarella cheese, part skim (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the turkey ham and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the turkey ham is caramelized, add the egg and scramble.
- Place on a plate and top with cheese.
- ½ wedge of honeydew
- 1 slice of whole grain toast
- 8.1 grams
Read more in Jackie Warner's "This is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever)" from Grand Central Publishing.