- Message Board
- Recipe Finder
- Top Chef Masters on Facebook
Sooo seeing Adam, Jesse, and the boys come out for Masters was a thrill. They all had very different requests of the chefs, ranging from a Thanksgiving meal to something with corn (Not only did MIckey have the best request with corn, but I also thought he had the most constructive comments.) Overall, the food offerings reminded me of the restaurant concept, Panaga in last week's episode of Happy Endings (look it up), and like what the chefs whipped up for the Food Fighters in Rochester during Season 5. I recall many lowlights and a few highlights, and here was much of the same thing. There were forgettable dishes like Floyd's salad, the one Adam Levine said he could make himself, and some moments of genius like Traci's steak. Like the chefs in Rochester, these chefs faced their own equipment challenges, rockig and rolling (literally), while cooking on moving buses. These poor chefs. But they rose to the challenge. Perhaps no one more than Alex, who got sent home. He just did way too much, and all of his dishes suffered for it. I liked Alex, so I was sad to see him go, but there were so many laugh-out-loud moments in this episode that made up for it.
1. First of all, I found it fascinating that the two teams came up with the exact same menus.
2. Adam Levine threatens to stab James Oseland with his fork. I don't know whose side to take, but I do know that that's a fight I'd like to see!
3. Drummer Matt Flynn called the grapes on tapioca "grape contacts." Hilarious.
4. Gail Simmons predicts that the mashed potatoes will be the band's Yoko Ono. Aw, we've missed you, Gail!
5. And finally coming full circle, Hugh comments on the tight plating quarters, saying "Mary Sue has covered the bed with tostadas, which is not any fetish I've ever heard of." It looks like in next week's episode he says something is so poignant, he's going to vomit in his mouth. I can't wait to hear the rest of it!
Sooo, wht did you think? Were you sad to see Alex go? And, what have you been eating? Until next week, Have a Nosh!
Ok, I must have a TCM curse! It started way back when John went home for that risotto. Then they knoch out Suvir, who my mom and I thought of as a poor-man's version of Fabio for TCM, then last week my favorite George went home and this week it's Alex! I guess you could call me the Black Hammer... :(
You guys really messed up on the fast food challenge! Something on a scewer fits with drive thru over a pancake with ??? dumped loosely on it! Why is Celena still here? This weeks elimination: what were you thinking. He did almost all the dishes when one did a salad(real tough). I'm beginning to get really aggrivated with your thought processes. Not to mention: is there anything James Oseland likes? Judging is one thing, being just MEAN is something else. Seriously, insulting your own invited guests (maroon 5). To snipping back on the stars opinion was unacceptable!
so dissapointed. :-( the show is more about the competition and less about the food.... i know its an hour show... but ITS about the FOOD. The chefs are a sidebar - not the main story line.
Top Chef Masters has been some what entertaining but i just feel the contest don't always allow the CHEFS to be creative. Curtis Stone is good and would be an awesome judge but he's not a great host. Seriously, I know all the girls including my wife would disagree with me. You need someone to bring some flar to the show! In the Maroon 5 Show how could they let one of the best chefs leave (Alex Strata) when he cooked 5 meals while Floyd had to make a pathetic salad and a tenderloin that was terrible! Does not make sense. Bring back Alex.