Re-mastering of: Marcus Samuelsson's Berbere Hamachi Meatballs
- 8 oz. catfish, chopped
- 1 tsp burberry spice
- 3 cups orzo pasta
- 1 onion
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/3 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. white wine
- 4 oz. chicken stock or clam juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, saute onions in a little oil for 3-4 minutes, then add half of the button mushrooms and garlic.
- Pour orzo into the pot and cook according to package directions.
- Mix the catfish with the mushrooms and berbere spices, and season with salt and pepper, then roll into balls. Dredge the balls in flour, then sear in oil, rotating frequently until meatballs are fully cooked. Once cooked, add white wine to the pan with the meatballs. Let reduce, then add chicken stock. Let reduce.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and let rest.
- In the same pan, add the butter and season with salt and pepper, and whisk with drippings to form a sauce.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the orzo and meatballs.