Re-mastering of: Art Smith's Multi-Grain Risotto with Crispy Rice Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup barley
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup of peas
- Handfull Basil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan, and add chopped celery, carrots and onions. Saute until soft.
- Add steel cut oats, broth and tomato puree. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except for the basil, sea salt, butter and parmesan, and cook until the oatmeal and barley are done.
- As risotto simmers, add basil and sea salt. Once finished, mix in butter to taste for a richer flavor.
- To finish, stir in the Parmesan cheese.