I thought I should start by clearing up a couple of things....
Firstly - My name is Shauna. (Not Ann or Margaret, even though I am English.)
Secondly - Padma. While a majority of our viewers clearly think she's the vicar's knickers (as we say in my country), some of you seem to take exception to her, mostly, as far as I can tell, because she is beautiful, sexy and wears nice clothes -- which according to some, is at odds with taking part in a show that is serious about food. Huh?
1. Padma is a model as well as a food expert, therefore she dresses beautifully, looks stunning AND is serious about food, get over it.
2. This is not PBS or North Korean state TV -- if we can have talent combined with glamour, we jolly well will. Let's enjoy having our cake AND eating it.
3. The combination of intelligence/seriousness and sexiness is NOT mutually exclusive, it is just rare.
4. Don't be a hater. I'm not as pretty as her either, but I can deal with the sight of her wearing a bustier-top without having a meltdown.
5. Did you know that 75% of a person's perceived enjoyment of food is VISUAL. Think about it.
6. OK, I'm boring myself now.